Saturday, August 8, 2009

Freeport, ME to White River Junction, VT

Today was a good day and a sad day. It truly marked the beginning of the end of this adventure. We were now on the way home.

We rode from the hotel into the mountains of Vermont. It was a cool morning, clear and bright. The roads were pretty empty and the riding was easy. We rode easy, not in a particular rush, enjoying the roads and the ride. We basically spent the day just riding and having a good time.

As the day was expiring, we found a hotel in White River Junction that had a room available, so we stopped for the night.

After we checked in, we went for a good walk and decided to have dinner at a Chinese buffet across the street. It was fairly good.

Back to the room, it was time to blog. So, I got the computer out and tried to connect to the Internet. It would connect to the network at the hotel but could not get an IP address. So, I called technical support for help. Four calls later, I hung up on them; they were absolutely no help, telling me it was my computer. It made no difference that I had used it successfully all over New England and Nova Scotia. I went to the front desk to ask if they would reset the switch, which they agreed to do. I went back to the room and tried, unsuccessfully to connect. All in all, I spent probably two hours with no luck.

Just before quitting for the night, I made sure they were aware that it was not successful.

In checking out the next morning, I reminded them of the problem, and they did not charge us for the night's stay. It was the right thing to do.

Mileage for the day was about 240.

Tomorrow--Seriously getting on the road home.

No comments:

Post a Comment